Switch not boot 0,02A but no shorts

Where are you located? I’m in the UK if you want me to repair this for you if you don’t know anyone locally.

Though, this is the perfect way to learn, just know it might result in the permanent death mentioned above.

Thanks for your offer but I am from spain, i am doing it to learn and hobbie.
I tried first repairing a faulty ps4 with a broken hdmi port, video coil desolded an blueray mechanical problems with a succesfully result and now i am trying with a gifted switch without the same results :sweat_smile: it will be so satisfyer if i can fix it.
Thanks again for your time to help with this

I quick update, I soldered a new BQ and m92t36, now I have 0.10A but I doubt if I soldered correctly.
I’ll update this post with some pics but i’ll try again to solder them again or rework with the soldering iron the externals pads to be sure that the join is correct.

1 Like

New update
Today I just replaced for third time the M92T36 with a new one, now all measures in diode mode looks good and no shorts
First try I see 1,39A connected to 5V charger, backlight on.
In a second chance I only see 0.40A 0.39A (same charger) backlight only is on for one-two seconds, CPU is not warm.
I see some smoke in lcd connector (has a bended pin) so I’ll have to remove it.
I need some more help to try to power on this switch, now looks like is better than I start this post.

I don’t why but if I meassure the voltaje on the M92T36 right caps when I press the power button the console powers on and I can ear the touch sound!!!
All diode meassures are good. I’m a bit lost

Sun Jun 20 22-07-16
Sun Jun 20 22-14-15

Hey man, glad your making progress :slight_smile:

You shoudn’t be powering the console on at all with a bent pin in the LCD connector, which pin is it?

Chances are high you will have to replace that connector as based on your desciption it seems to be LCD/connector related, if the LCD is the same as which caused the burn/char/smoke then I’d inspect the LCD ribbon closley at the contacts and ensure there is no breaks in it too.

These days I’ll replace the lcd connector and check again
But now the problem is the switch power on if I use the meter to check the voltage at m92t36 caps located on the right, black probe in battery ground and red probe when push the button to one of those caps
The switch works without image, i can ear the touchscreen and also mario kart 8.

Finally the switch it’s working.
Replaced PI3USB, M92T36 and BQ24193, LCD screen and LCD connector.
Game card it’s faulty so I’ll buy a replace and the LCD screen was burned, It was a great experience to try to fix it with a lot of problems with microsoldering. In my case it was easy with solder paste removing the exceed with the tip.
Thanks to Severance for your support and help and also Calvin with the diode diagrams.