About the PS4 Original category

This category is for all PS4 Original related questions. Here are a few guidelines for asking your question:

1. Please be as specific as possible without giving unneeded detail

2. Please be honest (if your cat peed on your PS4 Original then say that!), it makes it much more likely that you’ll get a helpful answer.

3. Please update your question with the solution that fixed your problem if applicable. We’re here to help as many people as possible and the chances are good that if you are having a specific problem then other people are also likely having that problem.

4. Be nice. Everyone here is volunteering their time to try to help you.

5. There are no guarantees. We try our best to help but we may not be able to give you the answer you need and/or the answer may simply be wrong.

I recently cleaned out my PS4 console, but accidentally pulled out the power supply connector. I followed your video and sent it in to get soldered, but they said that it’s still not powering on. They said it might have something to do with the motherboard. I was wondering what the cost would be to try and fix it, and what would happen if it’s something that’s not fixable? Would the motherboard be replaced, or just sent back?

I think to replace the motherboard costs £40 including labour

I have taken my ps4 apart that was gifted to me by my friend who couldn’t pay me back i had to replace the fan heat shield and ribbon before that the disk drive while playing any games it would eject the game for no reason im guessing it was early signs of it going bad i did watch your video on fixing it and took it apart as you shown in your videos and it looked the same nothing was loose or out of the ordinary so when putting back it seems fine but it wont take any movies or games can you email me for repair info thabks for your time