About the PS4 Questions category

This category is for all PS4 related questions.

Here are a few guidelines for asking your question:

1. Please be as specific as possible without giving unneeded detail

2. Please be honest (if your cat peed on your PS4 then say that!), it makes it much more likely that you’ll get a helpful answer.

3. Please update your question with the solution that fixed your problem if applicable. We’re here to help as many people as possible and the chances are good that if you are having a specific problem then other people are also likely having that problem.

4. Be nice. Everyone here is volunteering their time to try to help you.

5. There are no guarantees. We try our best to help but we may not be able to give you the answer you need and/or the answer may simply be wrong.

1 Like

my original PS4 has a problem, the fan runs loud every time i turn the system on, cleaned the system, that did not work so i ask, what else could the problem be besides that?

My sons PS4 asks him to log in and then it automatically logs him out without letting him play any of his online games except 2 and this didnt start until after it was cleaned. please help

Hi, good day I’ve come across two (2) strange problems on my ps4 controllers. JDS-055 motherboards.
The first is that the controller won’t charge the battery, the first of these type is that the orange light slow flashes all day but the battery doesn’t receive any power and the 2nd is that the orange light does the normal pulse for about 2 minutes then it just goes blank (no more light)
And the 2nd issue is that my controller doesn’t turn off.
When plugged to my pc then unplug the blue light stays on indiffentially (that is without the controller being connected via bluetooth)… in addition if I press the reset button tonreset it, the pulsing yellow comes on and pulses indefinitely even though it’s not plugged to anything.
In both these cases I’ve replaced the batteries, ribbon cables, membranes, and PCBs. With known working ones and brand new ones. But the issues still remain.
Does anyone have any idea how to resolve these issues?

I was changing my playstation 4 buttons and now it’s not turning on. I plugged everything in correctly. Do you have any ideas for me to try to get it to turn on?