Alienware m15 Maintenance Tips Needed

Hey All,

I have an Alienware M15 Laptop and I want to clean and change the battery myself. I’m quite new to this and want to make sure I do not mess anything up. I have some electronics experience but not much on the hardware side for laptops and computers. If you guys have any tips of do’s and don’ts, I will take all tips. I’d prefer not to send it in to clean and replace the battery. I really want to learn myself so I can take care of my equipment get ready to maintain my full build I’m planning on getting.

Eventually I want to get better to repair and maintain more.

Thanks all!

Well i’d advice to change thermal paste on those probably every couple of months cause they get pretty hot or sooner if you hear the fan spinning louder for long periods while idle which is a pretty easy task. you only need to remove the heatsink and cover or bottom bezel and possibly fan if it’s a laptop. I won’t give advice on dust cleaning methods as there are better methods than mine, as I use my own breath to blow out dust but you can get proper tools for the job, you would have to ask tronicsfix about it.