Problem: When battery discharges below a certain percent (switch turns off because it ran out of battery) it won’t charge back up. I can however charge it if it hasn’t run out of battery. So I essentially can’t let my switch completely discharge or I can’t charge it.
Background: A long time ago I put in a Trinket M0 into my switch and removed it shortly after. In my inspection of the board everything looks good, but if you would like me to take readings of parts let me know. It almost sounds like a resistor or capacitor is damaged, but I don’t know enough to know where to begin to look for this specific problem. If possible I would like to avoid changing out the charge chip as I don’t have a solder rework station.
As a temporary solution I bought an external battery charger for in case it drops below the voltage the switch is willing to charge it at.