Can’t connect controller to console via USB in Safemode

Wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else has had this issue. I apologize if there there is something already out there about this.

I recently purchased a used PS5 with the knowledge that it was stuck in Safe Mode and that the person selling it had tried a few different controllers to access the Safe Mode (to no avail).
After I received it, I plugged it in. A screen came up with Safe Mode in the upper left hand corner and Connect the controller using the USB cable and then press the PS button in the center. After I connected a USB cable, pressed the PS button and nothing. I have tried several power/data USB-C cables but nothing and tried all three USB ports. I don’t have a USB-C to USB-C cable to try. Reached out to Sony but they wouldn’t help because I don’t have the original cable (they are sending one to me) and if an OEM cable doesn’t work, I can start the repair process with them.
I reached out to someone who repairs PS5’s and the person had indicated that if I can’t get the controller connected that more than likely, the Wifi/Bluetooth module on the motherboard is bad.
Can anyone confirm that if the Wifi/Bluetooth module is bad, that it will affect the ability to connect the controller to the console in Safe Mode.

Thank you.