Can’t connect controller to console via USB in Safemode

Wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else has had this issue. I apologize if there there is something already out there about this.

I recently purchased a used PS5 with the knowledge that it was stuck in Safe Mode and that the person selling it had tried a few different controllers to access the Safe Mode (to no avail).
After I received it, I plugged it in. A screen came up with Safe Mode in the upper left hand corner and Connect the controller using the USB cable and then press the PS button in the center. After I connected a USB cable, pressed the PS button and nothing. I have tried several power/data USB-C cables but nothing and tried all three USB ports. I don’t have a USB-C to USB-C cable to try. Reached out to Sony but they wouldn’t help because I don’t have the original cable (they are sending one to me) and if an OEM cable doesn’t work, I can start the repair process with them.
I reached out to someone who repairs PS5’s and the person had indicated that if I can’t get the controller connected that more than likely, the Wifi/Bluetooth module on the motherboard is bad.
Can anyone confirm that if the Wifi/Bluetooth module is bad, that it will affect the ability to connect the controller to the console in Safe Mode.

Thank you.

I’m also having this same issue. I’ve tried multiple USB cables as well as a dualshock 4 controller.

A possible cause of connecting problems controller via usb could be a faulty wifi ic or bad connection to the wifi ic.
I would reball or replace the wifi ic and test again.