Can't figure out why OSU1 won't run through to the USB to the HD

I have used multiple hard drives and multiple USB’s to make sure it wasn’t those that were failing.

When I turn the power on, it cycles into a troubleshooting loop.

The XBox was working until I attempted to reinstall the SSD because it was not recognizing the entire space available. The SSD was a 2TB drive, yet it repartioned the drive so that the user partition was 788GB as opposed to the 17xxTB I set it up with.

I took it apart to repartition it again, and that’s when it suddenly wouldn’t install the OSU1, stalling out and failing at 1% and rebooting.

I took it to a tech, who at first treated me as a normal customer, doubting my experience.

He too tried, thinking I didn’t understand what I was doing, and it didn’t work for him either.

He tried replacing the wires going from the board to the HD and that didn’t fix it.

Looking at the board, I cannot see any damage.

I feel as if if I could pull it out of the troubleshooting cycle it might be able to load off of the old HD, but it will not allow me to get it out of this cycle.

Is there a way to do that?

Or does anyone have an idea of what is causing the issue.

I purchased my first multimeter to see if I could maybe find a short, but quite frankly I’ve never used one before, so as I am looking at learning how to use that if I cannot find a simple solution.

Thank you.

I have not used 2tb ssd’s in an xbox one yet, so I don’t know if that has anything to do with the issue, maybe Microsoft inserted something in newer updates that no longer let the console accept 2tb ssd’s. What I would do is insert a 500gb or 1tb hard drive (that I know works with the xbox one) like a western digital, and try to install everything (no need to partition or connect to the computer). If the update installs, you can rule out anything on the console side. If it does not install, you now know that you have a console error. Normally, when an update fails within the first 1% of the “appyling” fase, it is an issue with the hard drive or sometimes the nand.