Console will consistently turn off after a few minutes

My console broke over 2 years ago and no matter what will always turn off a few minutes after turning it on. It still makes the noises of turning off too. The fan works properly. I’ve tried replacing the power supply, plugging it into the wall, a full factory reset and opening up the thing and cleaning the dust off but non of it has worked. When I turn it on it wants me to download an update but the console doesn’t last long enough for it to finish and since I factory reset it, it now forces me to do this update first but cant because its broke. Also the wifi does not work but I have a wired connection so that’s okay. Would love some advice on how to fix it and even anything to with bios whatever that is I will learn too

It’s possible it’s overheating due to bad thermal paste

1 Like

It happened to me once that wifi adapter was bad and caused weired behavior on my console… you can try to unplug it to see what happens…

1 Like

Ok i’ll try, only issue with that is that if i remove the wifi card wont that also mean i wont be able to connect the controller to the machine?

Yes, you can plug it by usb…

1 Like

thankyou i will try that now :slight_smile:

1 Like

it works! the issue is fixed!

1 Like

thankyou mate its fixed! well done!

1 Like

This isn’t exactly my problem but it’s the closest thing. My xbox will randomly turn on and off just at random. I have cleaned the sensor thinking that was the problem but it just turn on and off randomly. Sometimes rapidly no one else appears to have this problem so I’m asking for help on this one. Any idea what the problem Is?

That is dust mate clean her out I fixed that recently on my desktop pc and the xbox is a glorified computer so tearing her down and cleaning the dust out should work

Try to change the switch

nope won’t be the the switch i’ve got one with a busted switch and it turns itself on not off