Gigabyte Aero 15 random crashing/unstable

My brother bought a Gigabyte Aero 15 on eBay some time ago. He later found out, too late to return it because the issue only presented itself after the return window closed, that the laptop is unstable. It would randomly crash and freeze. Some of the things we’ve tried:

• We changed the ram
  • We changed the drivers
  • We tried reinstalling Windows too many times
  • There are probably other things we’ve tried that aren’t coming to mind at the moment

I’ll have to ask him again, but the stop codes we were seeing when it would crash would seem to indicate a hardware problem, possibly with the GPU. We aren’t technicians by any means, so we arent even sure where to start in attempting to diagose board/GPU issues. I myself would like to start learning board repair and he’d like to offer me the laptop to attempt to repair should the issue lie on the board. With the laptop having been bought second hand, we aren’t aware of its history. Is there anything I can provide to help diagnose the problem? Say minidumps for instance?

Try running the graphics card and cpu through stress test together and independently if possible as there could be a problem with one of them

Also try redoing the cpu and gpu thermal paste it might help I recommend Arctic silver 5 thermal paste