How do you identify a good eBay lot to buy?

I’m curious about what you look for when buying a lot of “non-functional” consoles from an eBay lot. In the past when I’ve attempted this I’ve gotten lots that were very clearly picked through by experienced people and resold with the intent to rip off whoever bought them later since they were pretty much all beyond repair or had already been stripped of spare components.

1 Like

That’s a really hard question to answer and I buy a very small percentage of stuff that I look at. The vast majority of eBay stuff is junk and I’d never buy it.
As far as the answer to your question though…most of the time I buy from individual sellers. I look for people selling stuff that have problems that I know how to fix…for example if I’m looking for and Xbox to buy to fix I’ll look for one with either HDMI problems or disc drive problems. If the listing says that the device fully powers up but the disc drive doesn’t work I know that that is a console that I might potentially buy.
That all being said most people think their junk is worth way more than it is so even out of the ones that look good there are very few that are priced well.
Hope that helps.

2 Likes

It’s you gotta look for certain signs of damage like with ps4 motherboards corrosion around the gold area of the board or blue/cyan on say the capacitors

Well I just bought a ps4 original off ebay that’s getting an error code that I know how to fix it simply needs the firmware rebuilding where as my pro i’ve gotta rebuild just to see if there are other problems look for ones that show obvious hints and ask questions

1 Like

fyi to anyone who reads this after the fact, i found this site pricecharting dot com which aggregates sold listings on ebay for systems and games. your mileage may vary good luck all