How to check hdmi encoder chip 10,11,12 models?

Hey so I’ve been doing repairs on ps4s for about a month now and success has been really on and off. Even though I think the port was put on correctly with no extra issues.
I want to know if there is a way to test the encoder chip that way I dont have to resort to replacing the port everytime.

Unfortunately I don’t know of a good way to test the encoder. If the port looks good with a visual inspection (with a microscope) there’s a 99% chance that the port is fine. If that’s the case then I’d test the capacitors, filters and diodes in the HDMI circuit and if that all checks out I’d go ahead and replace the encoder.

Maybe someone else will have a good way to test the encoder to verify whether it’s for sure faulty or not.

2 Likes

I’m not the handiest with the multimeter. I’ll do some research on how to use it first and I’ll give it a try.
I have spare ps4 boards so I dont want to waste an encoder chip.

Check Andrew Paul on youtube he has videos for pin out test with multimeter on ps4

4 Likes

Listen my guy sometime it’s even short to ground and there’s an ic which called parameter video transmitter u can change it as well
Thank you