How to fix ps3 bluray part of drive

HELP! I wanted to play some call of duty black ops 2 yet it took a bit then made a cuch cuch! then stoped spining its not the drive it plays dvd movies and dvd music just fine not blurays tho ps3 game or not please help, I looked on youtube and it said something about a data base restore tried to no avail had to reset the whole ps3 because i don’t have offical ps3 controllors and yes I did a full restore! 7 hours to yet nothing NOTHING!!! Good thing I backed up my save files I could tho and trophies too. if any one can help it will greatly be appreciated

-TheOutGuy2012

I feel you on this because i have one that does the same thing. If you havent already, clean the laser lens and make sure all cables and ribbons are firmly attached and clean and all solder points are clean with no breaks. The main issue that happens is with the “daughter board” that reads bluray. If that goes out then you may be out of luck. Finding a replacement that matches yours is hard to find. My Ps3 is used for parts now.