Joy Con home button shell replacement

Hi guys, i have a question about replacing a new housing shell for the home button. I notice there is a home button that comes together with a full set of housing shell for the console and joy cons but that is only the middle part of the button where its black in the original home button. I would like to ask if there is a way to take out and replace the black home button with the new colour home button while keeping the transparent plastic for the LED. I dont seem to find any tutorial or people selling the transparent plastic around the home button but there are images of it replaced. Id love to upload some images but cant do that here. Would like to get some advice from everyone either where can i get them and how do i change it. Thanks

Hi there,

I know that when I ordered some white buttons for mine it actually came with the clear plastic piece even though it wasn’t in the description. The original black button will come out though…just need a small needle or something to pop it out of there. There are 4 small holes on the back for you to poke something in there:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Hi! I’m having the same issue. I have the new home button, but for some reason this set of buttons didn’t come with the new housing for it like last sets have. I’ve tried everything, needles, toothpicks, even soaking it in water to try to loosen up any glue if there was any. When I look up this problem, I can’t find anything about it except for this thread. I was wondering if you all had managed to successfully get it out? Or where to find the separate plastic housing if it’s sold anywhere. Thank you in advance :slight_smile: