Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 15ACH6

Hi! I was changing my laptop HDD when all of a sudden it started to smell burnt and I realise one capacitor (Idk if that’s the right name) was red hot. When I stopped changing the HDD it just popped. Here’s a picture (hhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1eLrC2Bg_TPs3RiFuDm4bmh8WuvqfXQLd/view?usp=sharing). If anyone can help me find the capacitor so I can buy it and ask a friend to change it would be great, my guess is that it should be operative again. Right now my PC is in the store because it still had a warranty, but I’d like to know where and how to find these pieces because I can change them faster than the store can know what’s wrong. (They told me is the charger so I have to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive for them to know that’s not the charger and then another 2 weeks for them to change the whole laptop and to top it off, I live in Venezuela so…)

Thanks for reading.

Without having that specific board I can’t help out without a better and more zoomed in image, as it is I can’t tell if the troubled component is a resistor or maybe a diode or…
Limage

like the follwing but hi-res in good lighting

Btw I imagine the issue was the battery was connected and you crossed/bridged a line when changing the drive, in future, the battery should be disconnected prior

Thank you for answering. Yes, that’s was what I was thinking because I didn’t unplug the battery, my mistake. Let’s hope that the store gives me a new one and if not I’ll post a new better quality photo.

The motherboard model is LNVNB161216 if you find it useful.

Thanks again.

The store gave me a new one, thanks for the help :slight_smile: