May to remove parental controls on a nintendo switch without a pin?

Hi guys
I got a Switch from a friend who bought it with parental controls. It’s 9.0.1 system and it’s patched series. Is there a way to remove or bypass ? I cannot access the master key and i can’t find the inquiry number. Thx for the help.

I had one a 8.1 with parental controls and I was able to bypass by getting a new master code via this Nintendo service:
www.nintendo. com/consumer/assets/pin.jsp

You have to pay .50 cents (I think to prove your an adult with a card). I’m sorry if you’ve already found this site and you’re not able to use it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it is only for switches with America series and I have from Europe. It starts with XAJ700xxxxx and doesn’t recognize this series. Thanks anyway. Any other idea?

Is it patched? Maybe a downgrade that involves flashing most of the partitions might get passed it? I’ve never tried that myself however.

1 Like

Hey there,
If your serial starts with XAJ7005 it is patched, with XAJ7004 it might be, all serials smaller than XAJ7004 are unpatched.

1 Like

Are you able to put it in Maintenance Mode and do a factory reset? Genuinely curious as to whether or not this works.

In the past I have had success calling Nintendo and they were able to reset a Wii U I had that was parental locked without a PIN. Might help!

1 Like

It’s patched. I can put it in maintenance mode but if I want to do a reset I can’t because it asks for my pin code

Hey there,
as FXDX said, factory resetting a parental controlled Switch requireds the PIN code.

@FXDX: You might try to contact Nintendo Europe…

1 Like

Yeah In that case I third contacting Nintendo Europe. I’m sure they have a way around with a master code, they may just not have a web option due to EU laws. You bought the console fair and square so just be honest about how you got it and I bet they’ll be cool

1 Like

Okay so I’ll do it. Thanks a lot

I get many that have parental lock on. Simple call to Nintendo in uk and they give me the key. They are very helpful.

1 Like

That only works if the console is not updated, as it is in version 9.0.1 like said by op that solution will not work, as he needs the device id, wich is not obtainable in any way without homebrew right now

2 Likes

Thx guys for tips. I’ll call Nintendo today.:crazy_face::beers: