My Joycon Screws are Stripped

So I browsed a few other posts about stripped screws but I’m a bit nervous.

I bought one of the tool kits from Amazon that tronicsfix had rec’d under a video, but I knew I should’ve gone with iFixit, I just was trying to help him get hopefully some commission from buying the amazon ones. Long story short, after two times of taking my joycon apart (once to fix the drift and another to swap the shells) as I’m now putting the shell back together, two of the screws are stripped to the point where I cant move them at all. I’m needing to take them back out because the shell isn’t closing enough and the - button isn’t working, so I was trying to get back into them to make sure everything was okay there but now I can’t even get the case apart >.>

If anyone has any good videos or suggestions, I’m very hesitant to use like a Dremel and I’m honestly trying to find a repair shop to maybe do it but my city doesn’t really have any that I can find so far. Not for gaming consoles at least.

Hi!
I have had a few joycons now like this, and its not easy to fix. I ended up drilling mine out, but not without some damage to the shell. Some looked ok, as the damage was at the bottom of the screw hole, others not so much…

I use 1/16 to 3/32 bit to drill out the screw top flat with no damage

Good to know. I don’t think I have the right size drill bit and I’m hoping I can somehow miraculously get them out a different way but I appreciate the advice!

Cool cool, I’ll look into that too. Thank you!