My ps4 keeps freezing and being slow

Hi I’m mason my ps4 slim lately has been slow and freezing completely I’ve tried rebuilding the database and cleaning the dust out with compressed air and neither of those worked any other suggestions?

1 Like

Sounds like a hard drive issue mate slowness is related to the hard drive it could be on it’s way out

1 Like

Thanks I’ll try to replace the hard drive see if that helps

I agree with @PinkLightning The most likely cause is a faulty hard drive. I’ve seen a lot of these types of problems fixed with a new hard drive.

Actually I think I fixed it I had too many saved videos on my hard drive so I deleted pretty much all of them and the freezing seems to have stopped now my ps4 runs just fine but thanks anyways you guys are really helpful

2 Likes

That’s interesting. I’m not sure I’ve seen that before. Thanks for posting what you found.

I have i’ve got that issue on my laptop right now but I can’t be bothered to fix it

Could have been that the drive was too full. Another way to test it is by using HDTune, plugging it into a computer and running a block scan. If you have bad blocks, drive has bad sectors and needs to be replaced (eventually will fail).

That can actually cause slow down? Hmm new to me maybe I need to get rid of the countless screenshots to see if it speeds up my ps4 :slight_smile:

Oh yeah that’s pc knowledge 101 a full drive is a slow drive

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know the technical stuff behind electronics I only know how to take them apart and put them back together lol. I am interested in learning about it though :slight_smile:

I’ve been building computers since I was 14 and well i’ve found that same knowledge is very useful for consoles

2 Likes

My PS4 is making a loud clicking and popping sound while being VERY slow and freezing. Taking upwards of 10 min to turn on and get to home screen. Is itthe hard drive?

Sounds like your hard drive’s on it’s way out mate

My ps4 is acting the same way. It is slow and i want it to work

Usually hard drive pc’s do it too when the hard drive is dying

My gf ended up doing a factory reset and not it won’t turn on and she gets the blue light. She said the fan wasn’t loud. Would the a new HD fix it?

If it’s been having issues likely related to it then there is a high chance a new hard drive will fix it

1 Like