My switch lite doest work any button

My switch lite does not work any physical button, except the home, with external controls if it works but the internal ones do not, any suggestions

I would start by checking to see if you are getting voltage to the buttons pads themselves. One pad is ground (the ones with indents) the other gets voltage from, I believe, the IC that is on the back of the board at the top next to the where the game card reader would go. If not, check the input voltage for the IC I mentioned. Possible that IC went bad.

ok thx i try your advise

Here is a post I made a few days ago with a button related issue I was having. I don’t have the voltages on here but I can check this evening if you need it. Should be pretty easy to tell if you are getting voltage out of the pins on the IC shown in this link:

https ://www.tronicsfixforum.com/t/switch-lite-with-one-button-not-working/5413/4

I’m having the same problem but that link isn’t working. Any chance you could post another?

I just tried the link and it seems fine. You just need to remove the space between the https and the : as they won’t let you post links on this site (or at least I wasn’t able to at the time.

If possible, could you get me the voltages all around STM32F038C6T6? I have the same issue of no power reaching any buttons except “Home”. I’ve replaced the IC with one ordered from eBay.(it appeared to be parted from a donor board) No change in the buttons after the replacement.

Other work done on the board:
-Replaced FPC connector for left board(above battery connector)
-reflowed wifi chip and SOC due to Wifi not working.

I’m getting the following voltages on the IC:
Pins:
1 - 1.79v
2-4 - 0v
5 - .89v
6 - 0v
7 - 1.78v
8 - 0v
9 - 2.79v
10-19 - 0v
20 - 2.79v
21 - 1.79v
22 - 0v
23 - gnd
24 - 1.79v
25 - 1.80v
26-27 - 0v
28 - 1.79v
29 - 0v
30 - 1.79v
31 -1.80v
32-33 - 0v
34 - 1.79v
35-36 - 1.73v
37-45 - 0v
46 - 2.78v
47 - gnd
48 -1.79v

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Update:

Buttons are working now!!!

Resolution:
I reflowed the SOC again.

Apparently I caused a bridge or separated joint when I originally reflowed it due to Wifi issues.

Other notes:

The 2.79v on pin 46 of the STM32 IC was a red flag. This should be closer to 0v when functioning properly. (Caused by a failed SOC reflow)