Need help with Xbox One X issue. Odd issue. Thank you

Hello everyone,

I was playing my Xbox One X and the game froze. I could still access the on and off menu by holding down the center button the controller. But it would not turn off. So, I tried the button on the Xbox itself and it would not turn off right away. Eventually I just unplugged it. Once plugged back in it would turn on, but not show anything on the screen and would not turn off by the button unless you wait a few minutes. So, I unplugged it. I once got it to load the start up screen and it got stuck on the green screen with the Xbox logo. I turned it off and again waited a while and upon turning it back on I held the three buttons on the front and eventually got it to the rescue menu. I did a hard reset from there, erasing everything. System started back up and was fine, I installed a game and after a few hours when the game was done I went to play it and it wouldn’t load. I would get the error that the game took too long to load. Since then I try to turn it on again and its doing the same thing as before. Turns on but I don’t see anything on the screen. Upon pushing the button it turns off after like 2-3 min or unless I unplug it.

I am wondering if anyone knows what the issue is. I have a feeling its related to the hard drive.

System is 2 years old. I have it mounted behind the TV, in a spot that it gets a lot of air flow.

The system is not making any abrupt or odd noises.

System is updated.

I can answer your questions if you have any.

Thank you for your time.

It sounds like you have a bad HDD. I would start with replacing the HDD since it’s the easiest and cheapest thing to do.

Hey did you figure it out? Mine is doing the same I even changed the hdd to an ssd and it was fine for a week and now it’s happening again. But now sound cuts out and than going to home works but freezes but I’m still able to turn off through the controller.

I ended up pulling up the troubleshoot repair screen and ended up doing that twice. It started working again. Been fine so far.

Look up Xbox One Accessing the Hidden Troubleshoot Menu on youtube.

Hope this helps