Nintendo switch black screen but on dock works good

Hi , im have problems with nintendo switch I turn on just have black screen and soun , l try on dock works very good ,

I Already try new display same problem ,conector lcd looks good
any idea what it could be?

If LCD connector and LCD itself are good, I would first check if it is the LCD itself, or the backlight that is not working. If you have the back off, you can see if the backlight is on though the gap the backlight connector comes though. Or you can check if the LCD is running by shining a light on the screen and looking closely to see if an image is being displayed.
If the backlight is off, I would first check to see if you are getting any voltage at the connector, if not I would suspect the BL driver IC.
If the BL is working, I would check for 5v and -5v at the LCD driver IC.

I already try new display and backlight is working

Ok, so next I would look at 8316 chip next to the LCD connector.

Check for 5v and -5v on VOUT1 and 2, if they are missing check for 1.8v on the enable.

Not have just. .825 not even have 1 volt

Is that on the outputs? I would suspect that chip then.

You are best already working

thanks

Now have Second nintendo switch to fix

bottom turn on and off not working,

Problem is not bottom or cable already try new one ,
Bottom - and + working good just power bottom

Check the connector first, then check the reisitors just above the connector.
There are two test pads down by the CPU, if you connect them with tweezers does it turn on then?

thanks for answering
Connector is good l check .
Reisitors l check too.

Two pads by cpu where are they?

Sorry but im new on nintendo switch repairs

Sorry, was on my phone before.

I try and nothing happened

Hmm, just to confirm… it turns on when you connect a usb charger?

Yes working when connecte usb

Engage your brain :stuck_out_tongue:

Ask yourself how the power button works…contact is made (like a switch) and in this case it’s an active low switch - so, a contact closes and pulls two contacts together and in this case it pulls them to ground. Now ask yourself how you would test a “switch” with your multimeter :thinking:

So using that information and the image above which gives you these handy points, see if you can figure it out :slight_smile:

I’ll give you a clue, first you want to verify that the switch is closing when you push the button/s and second you want to confirm that those testpads are making it to the actual connector (where the power button ribbon connects)

that’s what you’re talking about Already try ,

I check another nintendo and l see have 4v pad by cpu

But this one I’m trying to fix have 0v

Right, so the switch is active low, which means one has to be active high ordinarily… so now figure out why that apporximate 4V is not present at the contact/TP on your bad board using your meter… is a pullup resistor not connected or open or … :thinking: you’ll get it, if I just give you the answer you’ll learn nothing… this is basic basic stuff so I have faith in you :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for trying to help , but is not easy :confused: already try checking but l out options

Ask yourself how you might check on a good board where the potential pullup (resistor?) might be with the device powered off and battery disconnected? :thinking: there is a mode on your meter which tells you what point connects to another. Once you’ve found it, ask yourself how you might now check this on your bad board while both off but also as a secondary step when the battery is connected and the device is on :thinking: Once you’ve identified these things you will have found your problem. you’ll get it :+1:

1 Like

plesa componement diode identify