Nintendo Switch caught on second logo

Right, so the IC is being told to turn on but your not getting an output (3.3V), which implies the IC is bad or there is a soldering issue on it.

Just to make sure, can you measure the voltage here just so we can double check.

3v3

3.3v at that point

[image]

K, so you should be getting 3.3V at pin 6 of the M92 IC also in that case.

you can verify this by disconnected battery and USB and then checking the continuity from the highlighted point on the cap above to pin 6 of the M92 IC

There was continuity between the 2 points, so I tested with the battery connected and the USB pin 6 returned to have 3.3v

perhaps all this measuring has disturbed something which was intermittent,

I would see if your sysmtoms have now changed or if your still hanging at the second switch logo with 3V3PDR now present and active.

@Integ209 might be right, this could WiFi related, as it’s also powered by 3V3PDR so if that had an intermittent fault you might see the symptoms you describe and it might also explain why 3V3PDR is not active sometimes

1 Like

Still stuck in the 2nd logo, I’ll try to rebuild the system before lifting the WI-FI CI

Can the WI-FI module buy a new one and put it in, or does it only work by removing it from another donor switch?

Is 3V3PDR still present when at the second switch logo?

Kind of, they have a dedicated firmware on them from what I’ve heard, so you have to make sure that whoever is selling the IC has either flashed this FW or that the IC has came of a donor Switch board.

I also read a post that the console will still boot with the WiFI IC removed, but I don’t know if this is true as I’ve never tested this myself.

Sim, o 3V3PDR fica presente enquanto está travado no 2° logo

Regarding WI-FI I was in doubt, because a friend said he already bought several new ones on Aliexpress and it never worked, it only worked by removing donor plates

Yeah, it’s likely they didn’t have the correct FW flashed on them.

I typically pull them from donors as it sounds like a bit of a nightmare to try and find a seller which has pre-flashed these ICs

But thank you very much for your help, I will try to rebuild the system first, if successful I will return here

good luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I managed to install the android system and verified that it doesn’t really find the WI-FI network, I took the IC of 2 scraps, I did the resoldering, however, without success. But thank you all!

Sorry to hear that, might be worth consdering reflowing the SoC as it’s most likely corresponding lines leading to that at fault.

Severence, could you help me with another console?

It came to me without calling, I performed all measurements and didn’t find any shorts and all measurements are correct, any ideas?
Not even RCM recognizes