Nintendo Switch is not turning on but charging

Hello, I have a switch that is not turning on, I measured the resistance to ground and found two capacitors(marked red, located south of the cpu) What can cause this short?

1 Like

I’m sorry don’t know how to add the picture…

An error occurred: Sorry, you can’t embed media items in a post.

No picture/images/videos from first posters.

Please upload at a hoster. And share the link. If you can not post links add any character in front of the link (_www…) or add as code.

thanks, here is the link: _ibb.co/QPCCmkv

low impedance on CPU line i.e 20-ish ohm to ground is not short in this case.

Ok thanks, so I don’t have shorts on the capacitors. My switch is not turning on, it charges but shows no charge symbol ( current is about 0.4A but i have to get a new meter and test it with the original charger) What would you recommend to do now?

I ordered a new Battery and 4 ICs: the M92T36, PI3USB, BQ24193,Max77620H

I wanted to change the MT92 first.

Is there anything I can check before the parts arrive?

measure max77812 surrounding inductors voltage to see what stage siis the switch in?

What do you mean? The voltage during operation( with battery and charging) or kind of diode testing voltage?

Hi.

First, test the battery; with the voltmeter across the battery terminals you should see a slowly increasing voltage reading if the console is charging the battery. If the battery is too discharged (<3V) the console will not power on and will charge the battery very slowly, from 3V to ~3.9 the battery will be charged faster but the console will still not turn on, after that the console should turn on under normal circumstances (eg, if the only problem is a discharged battery).

PS: These voltages might not be exact, as I am recalling them from memory.