Nintendo Switch - microSD Card Not Recognized Issue

Sorry it took so long to get back to your question “By any chance did you manage to find why there is low Voltage on SD Reader?”. Unfortunately the client declined further repairs.

1 Like

If you can measure 3.3V and 1.8V, please check at the ic with the six feet if it provides 3.3V at the right side at one of its feets.

Hi Calvin,
Yes it pases 3.3v i do get it on sd reader connector on pcb ( pic attached for reference)

. So i guess thats not the issiue… At the begining i had a little hope that it’s just power not delivered to sd reader, but looks like all ok with power delivery…

Or maybe i’m overlooking something whats right in front of my eyes…

I would check the diode mode values. Maybe you find a line which is grounded or with a big missmatch.

1 Like

Once again should switch should be connected to a battery or powered on for this? Sorry for dumb question i’m not a pro at elektronics :smiley:

Ok. Now I got it… :laughing:

Never measure in diode mode while battery or power is plugged to the Switch.

In diode mode the multimeter is powering the lines itself. If an additional power source is on this line, it will blow the fuse in the multimeter.

Unplug battery and power supply
Put you multimeter on diode mode,
the red probe on ground and
with the black probe you check the pads/pins/components.

1 Like

Sorry my English isnt very good, so i gues sometimes its hard to understand what im trying to say :smiley:

Ok im on it right now will test in diod mode

Well it doesint look like any of the points is way off the numbers in your provided picture

Well idount know what to say…
After testing pins in diod, i connected battery and powered on a switch and again tested points for 3.3v and again there is no 3.3v… im fealing lost and waisting your time… :frowning:

The values seems to be ok. Nothing jumps out like a ‘OL’ or ‘0V’.
Maybe your .615 is a bit off. But I don t know where this line goes from here.

I tested my Switch and I only get 3.3 V if the sd card is plugged in.

Hello, i was trying to solder pin from the microSD connector to the board, but i damage the piste in the board, on the image the color of the damage piste is purple , please help me,¿ in what
capacitor solder the jumper and in what side right or left ?,
and if I damage the capacitors, ¿what value have?, or where buy a replacement from the capacitors.