Nintendo Switch , NO POWER, already checked for M92T36, shorts under CPU

2101-0002 does show up, but not much. The official nintendo stance is to make sure the console is up to date - something you wont be able to do with it crashing instantly. Someone else said it seemed to be wifi related, but it was mostly speculation as it started when he re-set up wifi after a factory reset.

for every hardware error it says this. fw seems to be on 8.0.0

i cannot factory reset this console, it does not go to recovery

Right, I was just pointing out that some people found it happened when messing with wifi, so it could be related to the wifi chip.
That said, lets start at the beginning and get some side-on pics of the M92 so we can confirm it is looking good. After that we can move on to other parts of the board.

just for knowing, where is the wifi chip? i never saw it fail

remember that last night my station gave up the ghost, i can now only send photos. i will try to take photos asap

The wifi chip lives underneath the shield that the emmc sits on top of, its the shiny glass one.
Yeah, not having the station working doesn’t help! Maybe its fixable?

i want to try to fix my station, my dad is an electrician and has many components laying around so mabye i can fix it? if he did not throw in the bin the station

Your station is probably fixable, assuming it’s not the mains fuses, then probably bridge rectifier or triac, hard to say without looking inside myself though, I made a post ages ago talking someone through how to fix their hot air station, in your case though I’d wait for your dad to look at it as there is potentially lethal voltages

I agree with Insomniac, your lucky not unlucky, you had a board which had every IC reflowed and serious issues on critical rails the fact that your the unit didn’t power on or draw any current (because of bridging at M92) likely saved the SoC from dying, then your cleanup resolved the more serious issues which is pretty lucky, then you almost reflowed the SoC and would have likely killed it but you resisted the urge and found it was simply M92 issues

The fault remains the same, you have a faulty M92 IC or bad joints on this IC. If you want to verify, once your station is up and running, remove the IC completely, the console will still boot with an error even without the IC :slight_smile:

i will check later when i will go back home

hmm, might be, the ebay reseller proposed to me a 50% refund, i would either sell the console to get a broken v1 or get a modchip (very unlikely)

let’s hope so… i have still to try the sdcard trick.

With the sd-card not connected it can’t be an sd-card issue.

ok.

Wow. What a lucky moment. only the fuse blew up and there was on that little black box another one for replacement.

nope. my heat gun got on fire. Litterally. even if the switch is at off the coil would heat up to the max

I have no idea what station your using… but post here might help

Future reference, fuses very rarely fail for no good reason, in almost all cases there is an underlying fault which should be found and resolved prior to installing a new fuse and powering on… Hopefully the gun isn’t now shot too as a result :frowning:

already thrown the heat gun in the bin

so… seems like an m92T36 chip, i left the console charging, came back and it had a black screen, reconnected the usbc and it gave me the red icon with the battery

yeah, the chip is faulty or you have solder joint issues on it.

It’s not actually charging, at 50mA or less your USB ammeter is merely indicating what the board is drawing, if anything it’s likely been discharging the battery

Error codes such as the one you mentioned above are indicating a hardware fault, my advice is to disconnect battery and USB and don’t power up the board again until the hardware faults have been resolved :slight_smile: after you’ve fixed the M92 install (or replaced the IC if faulty) is to clean up the area thoroughly and inspect that the joints are good and there is no bridges prior to connecting battery/power. As I mentioned earlier though, the USB fuse will blow eventually (maybe straight away) once you’ve got the M92 issues resolved as it is not rated for Switch charging current (afaik)

the soldering is perfect, no bridges. there was a small piece of solder between two legs of the BQ ic, i removed it, still no luck. also the switch does not give me sound when it spits out the error. wifi ic seems fine. possibly the battery is dead???, it does not charge and when i disconnect the usb c it shuts off immediately

Let’s get some pictures around the M92, just to double check. As pointed out, it could just be that the M92 is faulty.

today, before going home, i’m going to find in my town a shop who sells an hot air gun

hi there! it’s been a while since i wrote here. i was unable to test my switch. anyways i have news. I have got a new broken board. this time it’s from 2017 unpatched. as @Insomniac and @Severence suggested in the earliest posts i checked in diode mode near the PMIC ic, and yellow line is at 0.01