Nintendo Switch , NO POWER, already checked for M92T36, shorts under CPU

Schermata 2021-09-28 alle 22.38.23
The one wich is horizontal is giving me 0.00ohms

Schermata 2021-09-28 alle 22.42.21
This one, next to the BQ ic is OL

No worries :slight_smile:

As Insomniac said, these rails seem fine, I’m guessing yellow is slightly low is because this is a Mariko board?

Which would be normal if your measuring across the coil, try putting one of your probes in a screw hole pad ground plane :+1:

That’s fine, you haven’t got a short to ground on your SYS rail :slight_smile:

im trying rn

it is a HAC-CPU-20

that’s mean that the cpu is not fried ?

it now gives me 11 Mega Ohms.

inserting the probes into the grounding holes, it gives to me 2 Mega OHMS

Can you take a picture of the IC below the SoC as I would expect HAD-XYZ for Mariko.

no just means your SYS rail isn’t shorted to ground, SoC may be fine but bit concerned about your readings on yellow if the board is not a Mariko revision

Yeah that’s fine :slight_smile:

Can you take a photo of your M92 install so I can inspect?

So it’s not Mariko unfortunately

Seems to be evidence of reflowing everytwhere which decreases it’s chances :frowning:

It’s hard to tell with all the flux residue but I would probably give this board a good scrub in some IPA and inspect the M92 and BQ IC as they appear slightly crooked but bit hard to tell atm :slight_smile:

surely ill’ do it and post the photos of both of them

here they are, tell me if i still need to scrub with the ipa

It’s really hard to tell, I’m guessing you dont have a microscope? Even the super cheap ones can be very useful for getting a good view of the connection around these chips.

im using the macro of my s21 ultra :frowning:

i cleaned off everything, every residue of flux, i will post better photos

here they are

Maybe it s only the view, but pin 21 and pin 22 @ m92t36 seems to be not propper soldered.

i will try to remove the chip and reinstall it later. thank you for now

done, not working. removed the chip and put in new solder, pushed on the chip, removed all the solder blobs, 0.00amps

@Severence do you have anything else i could try here? i found out that i have many short on the max ic on the left of the cpu

Sorry man, this board looks as though it has been through the wars, I think even if I was to resolve your current fault of zero current draw you’d still have more serious issues as it seems every IC including EMMC has been reflown which is typically the sign of someone who is desperate prior, also looks like an improper fuse has been installed which may well have spelled the end in case of a fault condition :frowning:

Best I can suggest is that you give the board a really good scrub and remove all flux residue, try heating it up with your hot air at a low temp if your struggling to remove it, flux attracts contaminants such as solder debris and other junk and also makes it hard for everyone to see if you’ve made an error on your install, if your readings on yellow (CPU 0 rail) don’t increase to at least 25 ohm relative to ground then I think the SoC may have had it :frowning:

you can also check your fuse above the USB port isn’t open, then check your fuel gauge and battery connector

What is the resistance to ground here? as I expect it will be fine, you’d do the same as earlier, one probe on ground and the other on one side of the inductor

hi, thank you for responding again

my fault, as i do not have a good fuse, the console came in without it, i took one which is good, from my 3ds, should not give any probs btw.
The 2R2 is shorted with 0.00ohm

The yellow line is at 44 ohm, relative to the ground hole next to the pmic. it is grown well above 25 ohms