Nintendo Switch , NO POWER, already checked for M92T36, shorts under CPU

going to do that rn, now it’s jumping from 0.27 to 0.29 it seems like the more i left it connected, the more it goes up

i’m toasted. Smashed the stack with a 0x0000 byte setup request . my switch is patched

Could just be the battery is fully charged

I’d connect to LCD and see if you now get something on the display

If nothing it’s not the end of the world bud, I’d just put this board to one side for now until you’ve got more experience as I do think it has a shot provided there aren’t more serious issues :slight_smile:

hmm, ok i will sell this switch, my main intent was to mod it, but as always i’m never lucky

yep,it turns on, but im pissed off.

may as well bin it :stuck_out_tongue: but in all seriousness most of the boards these days are patched or Mariko revs

I’d swap out the fuse for the correct one at some point as it will eventually blow during fast charging if the one currently installed is only rated at 1.5A

mhh, gives me an error 2101-0001

probably M92/joint issue

i will check to see if i can find a sx os (not possible)

of course it’s not working and at the end of this evening, with a loud bang, my soldering and reflowing station died. This, is for showing u how much i’m lucky

it morphed into 2101-0002

That… is very bad luck.
On the plus side you have gone from a switch that was completely dead and you were thinking if binning to one that boots. If we can get it fully working the selling price will probably cover a new soldering station and if you are lucky another broken switch :smiley:
My googling suggests that 2102-0001 can be related to the sdcard, do you have one connected?
It could also still be M92 related, could you get some new side-on pics?

hmm, might be,

i checked on the soldering again, without taking photos though. i never thought about connecting the sd card. the 2101-0002 error, is nowhere to be found in the internet. nobody had it. when i tried connecting a random sdcard that i had around in my room it might be that it started to give me that 0002 error, might need formatting

it also tries to boot up, shows me the switch logo, but then it all crashes and gives to me that error jumping from .44 amps to 0.00

2101-0002 does show up, but not much. The official nintendo stance is to make sure the console is up to date - something you wont be able to do with it crashing instantly. Someone else said it seemed to be wifi related, but it was mostly speculation as it started when he re-set up wifi after a factory reset.

for every hardware error it says this. fw seems to be on 8.0.0

i cannot factory reset this console, it does not go to recovery

Right, I was just pointing out that some people found it happened when messing with wifi, so it could be related to the wifi chip.
That said, lets start at the beginning and get some side-on pics of the M92 so we can confirm it is looking good. After that we can move on to other parts of the board.

just for knowing, where is the wifi chip? i never saw it fail

remember that last night my station gave up the ghost, i can now only send photos. i will try to take photos asap

The wifi chip lives underneath the shield that the emmc sits on top of, its the shiny glass one.
Yeah, not having the station working doesn’t help! Maybe its fixable?

i want to try to fix my station, my dad is an electrician and has many components laying around so mabye i can fix it? if he did not throw in the bin the station