Nintendo Switch not loaded and no TV/which fuse 6?

hi Guys. I registered for the forum yesterday.

The following problem, on my Nintendo Switch, the pads on the USB port were torn off and my friend and I then soldered the USB c contacts directly to the circuit board.

the switch turns on and runs normally but it does not charge and the TV mode is not recognized either.

We suspect that the problem is the missing fuse at point 6, which leads to the power supply, but now 5 volts cannot flow without a fuse.

What is the name of the fuse at point 6 where the 5 volts flow through and where do I get this from?
By the way, I don’t have short circuits on the upper side. I checked that.

I hope you can help me. am really frustrated. sorry about my bad english but that is with google translate.

POST a picture always help.
Make sure you roll out the newly solder usb port making device not charge
and the fuse for type-c port is P15123CT, referred to

1 Like

thank you for my first post.

I wanted to add a picture but it didn’t work. I’ll try again right away. Thank you. No i cant Upload a Picture. This is directly, i think 1cm from the 4 Pin from USB. Is this the Part from you?

what do you mean by rolling out the USB port?

What else can I check before I replace everything? or what do I still do or to test?

Small RED circle is the fuse if you mean by that. (the other one is a Capacitor)
I meant rule out( wrong spelling), making sure your new port 24pins got connection.

1 Like

Wow, great. Thanks a lot. My first help .

That can be the solve my problem or what do you mean? The fuse or connector. The loading Chip i have ordered now.

The small thing is the P15123CT fuse right?

And the big circle? Have you a number or name about this? But If one side from the fuse and one side from capacitor is beeping then is okay and not damaged, right?

Not exactly sure if your problem is only the fuse(small red circle) or something else. Since you said you miss/dont have the fuse, for sure you wont have charge.
You can short the fuse pads(blob of solder or a jumper wire) to quickly test charging to identify your issue.
Yes, The small thing is the P15123CT fuse right, based from the link I posted.
The capacitor you dont have to care about it, the picture I used for other stuff, so the big red circle was there, I was just try to locate your missing part from using this picture

1 Like

You can short the fuse pads(blob of solder or a jumper wire) to quickly test charging to identify your issue.

How can I now bypass the fuse to test whether it is charging? that would be awesome. Do you have instructions or can you tell me how to do it best?

oh yes and we soldered the pins or the connection to the usb port etc. directly onto the board. but this has to fit as it is. I have no short circuit anywhere. the switch also starts and runs normally.

But thats exactly this fuse that i needed…thanks bro. You are the best

FUSE
Fuse pad A and B marked in yellow color.
Solder them together, either just a big chunk of solder or using jumper wire. what ever you feel easier. REMEBER THIS IS JUST FOR TEST, DO NOT USE AS IS FOR LONG

1 Like

IMG_20210803_221606|375x500

Thanks Bro.

This is my Platine…and the Picture is there.

But i can not find the place from the fuse. I think its under the little ball…

Highly believe that this yellow circle jumper is meant to be the VBUS or 5v/15v line, not sure if fuse was there or you put jumper wire to the test point 6 or not.(since you uv masked them all up)
If you dont have continuity from this yellow circle jumper to that big cap left pad(FL text. that mean you have no fuse or you have broken line from the pointA to B

Hello. My daily Limit from 10 posted is reached. I cant answer something in tue forum Till 6 hours left. Sorry for waiting Bro.

OK. I have no connection from this yellow circle anywhere. I scratched something away so that I could have some contact. but no connection. Even if I go to other points, I have no connection there.

What do you mean?
will it still be the reason because the fuse is not installed or how can I rule out or test something? As I said, I have no short circuit anywhere. And I don’t want to scratch away the UV layer completely, otherwise I might damage the circuit board even more. Oh man

Update:
Hi Guys. I was banned because I made 10 entries. I can only make 10 entries in one day. sorry for that.

We have now exchanged the 6th fuse for a new one and it only shows the loading symbol after plugging it in and out several times. my wife’s cable has the charging symbol on both sides. on my cable several times and then plug in the charging symbol every now and then when I plug in the USB in one direction. In the other direction nothing happens with my cable. And when it is charging, I tend to have the feeling that it is not charging or that it is not charging enough because the battery is draining. think too little power could get through when charging. or what’s the problem?

Nothing happens in the docking station, but I can’t turn the connection around either.

Man i’m desperate. what can I still do that it finally works properly?

highly doubt you did a good work on the usb port replacement.
Chekc this link as reference to make sure you have all pins from the port to the according pads/test point,

In order. Thanks for the tip with the board. I just think that this part has a very long delivery time. but let’s see.

I have added two pictures below. I now have 3 short circuits. are the chips now defective or where can I continue looking? maybe you have another good tip for me. I hope that the soldered fits so far.

IMG_20210804_212303|138x499

IMG_20210804_212340|375x500

so when I plugged in the battery then the other two or three have a short circuit. if I disconnected the battery then the short circuits on this side are gone. but the one contact close to the M92T36 makes no sound at all. is it broken then?
IMG_20210804_212340|375x500

Short circuit Should NOT be measure when power/charging exist.
you should measure if you have voltage measured from the fuse or pin6 of M92t instead.

Join D!scord to have easier commute
https://discord.gg/vhfrqE45

How can i find you in Discord?

I plugged in 5.22v with battery and charger. Measured from point 6 to the fuses or condensators above to the M92T36 chip. Without battery, checked for continuity from point 6 to the fuses on the chip, no connection except where it causes a short circuit. But this contact does not make a short circuit without a battery.

Can you see something there?
or what or where can I still measure so that I can rule out errors?

i hope i’m not that far off target. but soon I won’t be able to anymore. but my wife causes me a lot of trouble when I can’t do it anymore. she is very angry. and put money into it again and again.

hello! sorry for the inconvenience I have a Switch motherboard that is missing the fuse and the capacitor that you see in this photo, I have another one but this one has no solution and the missing fuses are wrong, could you tell me in which part of the motherboard I can locate with the same voltage? I hope you can help me

[image]