Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Seemingly Dead

Hey everyone, my switch pro controller has been dead for almost a month now, and I still have absolutely no clue what could be causing it. I originally opened it to investigate a broken minus button, however, somewhere along the way the controller stopped working with the battery. Maybe I shorted something, and honestly I have no clue what I could have done, but whats even more confusing is that shortly after it stopped accepting any power from the charge port. Luckily, I have a second pro controller that I can use to test, and I know that the battery, ribbon cable, and front button assembly is fine. I still need to test if the rumble modules are needed to be connected, since I ripped the orange ribbon cable like a dummy, but I don’t think the controller needs the motors to turn on. Any help from you guys would be greately appreciated so I can get this back up and running.

Hi, I have the same problem. I have a dead Switch Pro controller.

• It doesn’t charge
  • It draws around 0.1 A (max) current when plugging it into a charger
  • It is not recognized via USB when connecting to a PC
  • It does not turn on at all, not with battery nor USB
  • the battery itself is good

I have disconnected the rumble motors, it did not change the behavior.
I have inspected the mainboard and could not find any physical damage. No traces of corrosion either. Is there anyone who would have an idea which component could be at fault? I also have a working controller here and will try to compare measurement results to see if there are any shorts there shouldn’t be. So far I haven’t found any.

Any help is appreciated.