Nintendo switch touchscreen digitizer doesn't work. help

I have a nintendo switch v1 HAC CPU 21, that the touchscreen wont work even if i replaced the game card slot with my other known good GC modules, also tried putting the board to a working lcd digitizer shell, in case the digitizer is really the problem. wondering if an ic controls the touchscreen in nintendo switch cosoles, i dont know where to look at first, first time i encountered this kind of issue. nothing seems to work, even replacing GC boards. any clue or advise where i should look at this touchscreen controller ic on the board?

Hi,

Did you by any chance replaced the LCD FPC connector? If yes, then re-do the connector.
Just today I solved the same issue as yours and as it seems LCD is somehow connected with the touch and they are not seperate parts as we used to believe.

So in conclusion, FPC connector may be the issue.
Also as it seems bad LCD ribbon might be the case as well but as you said, you did try another LCD.

Regards.

No didn’t do any rework on the lcd fpc connector as it seems in prestine condition and stick factory condition, this is actually the first time ive seen such issue, replacing the GC slot, doesn’t fix it, going to hekate, tried calibrating, always calibration failed result. the GC fpc connector on the board seems fine under a digital microscope, all solders intact.

The ic for touchscreen is on the gamecard modul. Be sure that the touchscreen is also a V1 touchscreen.

yes the touchscreen is also ver1, i tested to it to other shell case(ver1) i have both tried like 5-7 game card modules nothing worked, i have both the one with qr code and others without qr just numbers. all tested on hekate calibration using analog to navigate, all calibration failed result.

I had one like that and after buying my digital microscope I looked inside the connector (pins are extremely tiny) and discovered a broken pin so I replaced it and touch screen worked again. Hope this helps.

what connector is it?? is it the one sitting on the motherboard, or on the game cart module?

LCD connector on the board. Look inside it with a microscope or magnifying glass and see if any of the pins are bent or broke. You have to use hot air from the back of the board to get it off.

touchscreen is the issue of my switch, not the display, it has display on lcd.

1 Like

Is the digitizer partly working, just not in the correct spot? If so, you might just need to calibrate the digitizer.