NintendoSwitch(hac-cpu-20) no start

Can you zoom in on this area a bit

Fuel Gauge 8a0c55e2_2_666x500

1 Like

I believe this is where you see the CPU? :thinking:

Let me know if there is a place to measure it with a tester.

This IC is your fuel gauge and it seems as though the chip / crack in the corner is possibly going into the die which could well cause the symptoms your seeing (though if this is as a result of impact there may be other issues) . You may be able to validate the IC health in Hekate (assuming your Switch console is unpatched, via TegraRCMGUI) but regardless I’d replace this IC

IC is MAX17050, doesn’t look li theyr’e avaliable on Mouser Japan so you might have to see if you can find them from another legit source (I’d avoid buying them from China) , remove the IC on the board, tin it with leaded solder, then wick it, then install a new IC just to take this potential issue out of the equation.

You can’t reliably test these IC’s in impact situations as they typically fail open internally which doesn’t tend to alter readings (on surrounding components) .

So it’s a fuel gauge IC! Thanks for your valuable knowledge!

I have another Switch when I get home, so I will try to replace it from there!

I will report back on the results😊

Do you have the needed solder paste and stencil? (just double checking)

Also, be careful, this style of IC is very fragile, almost like microscope sample glass sheets, if you nick/chip/crack your other one, then it will almost definately destroy the IC.

:+1:

I replaced two 10750chips from two Switches with other parts broken.

The result is still the same, showing around 0.5A and not starting :sob:

Maybe it’s caused by other parts since I’ve replaced it twice

Do you have the needed solder paste and stencil? (just double checking)

(You cannot just solder this directly by tinning board/pads with iron and even if you could / or get lucky, it now throws doubt on your work as a result)

Komen! I didn’t get your email, so I assumed you didn’t reply.

I made a solder with a mask but it won’t start :cry:

There is no short around the chip but could the chip be broken?

try booting Hekate via tegraRCMGUI with either the EMMC disconnected or using the Jig, if it’s unpaatched and Hekate loads, take some photos of the console / battery info pages :slight_smile: