Please Help me to rebuild Switch Nand

Hello
First of all, I want to thank you for your hard work and support for this community. I dare to appeal to you in this way because I can not handle it in the situation that I will explain to you and I am very confused as to why I read all forums in almost similar cases. I hope you have the patience to read and maybe you can help me too. I got a switch from a friend who made the next big mistake. Switch was with cfw SXOS on system 6.1.0 and tried to update to 8.1.0 It had emunand installed. I don’t know how the bricked succeeded, without having a nand dump. Now at startup Switch gives blue screen but if i launch payload hekate in RCM mode with TegraRcmGUI, goes I could do nand dump, partitions, biskey, etc. I’ll attach pictures to see what I’ve done so far. What do I have to do to get it back to life ? I do not know how to recreate the valid nand from the data if I have. Can you explain to me that like a noob what follow the steps I need to do ? Thank you for your patience and forgiveness for my bad English language.

5 7 8 9

Hey there,
I’m not sure if you can unbrick that Switch again. Problem is, if I understodd you correctly, that you don’t have a backup of the original, still working, 6.1.0 nand. I don’t know of a way to get it working again without that original nand backup. Dumping the current nand in my opinion is no good to you, because it already is broken and I don’t think you can fix it without knowing what exactly the problem is.

Maybe someone else knows a way to unbrick the device, but in my opinion it’s bricked and will always be. If you can get access to the original nand - sure your friend did not make a backup? - it is likely to be unbrickable.

Edit: What I think is a bit disturbing is the message you get from HacDiskMount. Did you try injecting gptrestore as payload from TegraRcmGUI? If you’re extremely lucky your GPT is just broken. Also, it’s a longshot, but try getting known good BOOT0 and BOOT1 images (those are not console specific) and try to copy those to the switch. Don’t get your hopes up, I don’t think it will work…

2 Likes

I agree, the GPT is the bit that worries me. I had a once I fixed with a corrupt system partition and broken keys in prodinfo before, so not quite the same. What I did to get it to a “known good” state was to actually work to backrev the code to 6.1 then, once the partitions were stable, upgrade it back to the version it was at before. I found that version by checking the blown fuse count. The backrev would have to be done with ChoiDujour(not ChoiDujourNX) unless you can get it to boot to something like atmosphere(In which case you could use ChoiDujourNX). The important parts are the PC version ChoiDuJour only supports up to 6.1, don’t use anything newer… You’d need the firmware package as a .zip and I don’t think sharing/hosting those is legal. You’d also need the exact non-system specific keys for 6.1 with no extra keys. Those keys are also legal to share/host. I can say this, the exact key’s you’d need the values for downgrading to 6.1 are these and only these:

master_key_00 =
master_key_01 =
master_key_02 =
master_key_03 =
master_key_04 =
master_key_05 =
master_key_06 =
sd_card_kek_source =
sd_card_nca_key_source =
package1_key_00 =
header_key =
titlekek_source =
header_kek_source =
header_key_source =
package2_key_source =
aes_kek_generation_source =
aes_key_generation_source =
key_area_key_application_source =
key_area_key_ocean_source =
key_area_key_system_source =

You can find a guide on PC based downgrading at switch.homebrew.guide.

Finally I’d also recommend the Support section on the Team AtlasNX discord. They were really cool helping me learn/troubleshoot as long as you read and follow the rules.

3 Likes

Hey there,
I was not aware of the possibility to downgrade manually using a PC. That certainly looks promising. I’d at least give it a try. It’s bricked anyways :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll try to see if I can handle it. I have no such advanced knowledge. Thanks

Feel free to message me if needed, I did this recently

1 Like

OK thank you very much. I’m trying to contact you

Hey there,
if whatever you do is successful, or even if it is not, it’d be great if you could post a reply here and tell us what you’ve done. Maybe it’ll help someone else some day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello guys.
I managed to wake the switch to life. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::crazy_face::crazy_face:
@Rudiemcska, Thank you Bro for your advice and help. I followed the steps in the switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade tutorial, (google and find the site) and it was ok. Now I have a functional switch and thanks to your help. Great care and patience must be taken. It’s a complex tutorial and you have to follow the steps just as there. Once again I thank you all for your support.:smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Hey there,
thanks for telling us and congratulations on your working Switch! :smiley:

1 Like

Im trying to do the same thing with a switch that charges normal, has no shorts, boots to “Nintendo” screen but no further. Will not continue to the Switch Logo, just goes blank. I believe its bricked from an update gone wrong. Its not AutoRCM enabled and I can inject Hekate and Im trying to follow the same guide, but Im having trouble with keys. I was able to extract prod.keys with Lockpick and renamed to keys.txt but I keep getting an error with ChoiDujor, “Failed to match key”. Thanks for all your help.

I gave you a private message. You have what you need and follow this tutorial: https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

1 Like

Make sure to edit your keys file so you ONLY have the following keys in it:
master_key_00 =
master_key_01 =
master_key_02 =
master_key_03 =
master_key_04 =
master_key_05 =
master_key_06 =
sd_card_kek_source =
sd_card_nca_key_source =
package1_key_00 =
header_key =
titlekek_source =
header_kek_source =
header_key_source =
package2_key_source =
aes_kek_generation_source =
aes_key_generation_source =
key_area_key_application_source =
key_area_key_ocean_source =
key_area_key_system_source =

I got stuck there too - “Failed to match key”. When you dump the keys it will dump all keys, but ChoiDujor only needs certain keys and can’t for some reason just grab these keys from the file. So you need to edit the file so it only shows the keys that ChoiDujor needs.

3 Likes

This absolutely works!! Thank you FXDX and KiloooNL for clearing this up for me. With everyone’s help here and following the guide exactly, the Switch works flawlessly now.

So, I guess you can’t really brick a Switch? Well, I suppose you can brick it, but you can also unbrick it. I fixed another switch that would freeze at the Switch LOGO, it had no shorts, but changing out the M92t36 IC fixed the issue.

Wow, Just amazing, Thank you thank you thank you. !!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your working Switch!

Hate to reopen this but I’m currently going through the same issues, done everything I can. Looked everywhere but everything I do results in Entropy failed test in hacdiskmount which means my keys are wrong but I have dumped my keys in every way possible, through lockpick and hekate and I always get the same keys yet when I compare the crypt ad tweak, they don’t match and I’m at a complete loss.

I can boot to hekate and everything else but anytime I try boot OFW or CFW I’m met with a blacks screen after nintendo or sept logo.

Spent so much time fixing the hardware of this switch, trace repairs, chip replacements and now I’m met with this and I can’t overcome it.

Appreciate any help received!

I need to downgrade my friend.

1 Like

hey there everyone i am in the same boat as OP i was wondering if someone could help me out please!

Hey there, I am in the same boat as you man. do you think i can contact you to ask you a few questions? thanks !

Yes you can contact me.