Please Help me to rebuild Switch Nand

Feel free to message me if needed, I did this recently

1 Like

OK thank you very much. I’m trying to contact you

Hey there,
if whatever you do is successful, or even if it is not, it’d be great if you could post a reply here and tell us what you’ve done. Maybe it’ll help someone else some day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello guys.
I managed to wake the switch to life. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::crazy_face::crazy_face:
@Rudiemcska, Thank you Bro for your advice and help. I followed the steps in the switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade tutorial, (google and find the site) and it was ok. Now I have a functional switch and thanks to your help. Great care and patience must be taken. It’s a complex tutorial and you have to follow the steps just as there. Once again I thank you all for your support.:smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Hey there,
thanks for telling us and congratulations on your working Switch! :smiley:

1 Like

Im trying to do the same thing with a switch that charges normal, has no shorts, boots to “Nintendo” screen but no further. Will not continue to the Switch Logo, just goes blank. I believe its bricked from an update gone wrong. Its not AutoRCM enabled and I can inject Hekate and Im trying to follow the same guide, but Im having trouble with keys. I was able to extract prod.keys with Lockpick and renamed to keys.txt but I keep getting an error with ChoiDujor, “Failed to match key”. Thanks for all your help.

I gave you a private message. You have what you need and follow this tutorial: https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

1 Like

Make sure to edit your keys file so you ONLY have the following keys in it:
master_key_00 =
master_key_01 =
master_key_02 =
master_key_03 =
master_key_04 =
master_key_05 =
master_key_06 =
sd_card_kek_source =
sd_card_nca_key_source =
package1_key_00 =
header_key =
titlekek_source =
header_kek_source =
header_key_source =
package2_key_source =
aes_kek_generation_source =
aes_key_generation_source =
key_area_key_application_source =
key_area_key_ocean_source =
key_area_key_system_source =

I got stuck there too - “Failed to match key”. When you dump the keys it will dump all keys, but ChoiDujor only needs certain keys and can’t for some reason just grab these keys from the file. So you need to edit the file so it only shows the keys that ChoiDujor needs.

3 Likes

This absolutely works!! Thank you FXDX and KiloooNL for clearing this up for me. With everyone’s help here and following the guide exactly, the Switch works flawlessly now.

So, I guess you can’t really brick a Switch? Well, I suppose you can brick it, but you can also unbrick it. I fixed another switch that would freeze at the Switch LOGO, it had no shorts, but changing out the M92t36 IC fixed the issue.

Wow, Just amazing, Thank you thank you thank you. !!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your working Switch!

Hate to reopen this but I’m currently going through the same issues, done everything I can. Looked everywhere but everything I do results in Entropy failed test in hacdiskmount which means my keys are wrong but I have dumped my keys in every way possible, through lockpick and hekate and I always get the same keys yet when I compare the crypt ad tweak, they don’t match and I’m at a complete loss.

I can boot to hekate and everything else but anytime I try boot OFW or CFW I’m met with a blacks screen after nintendo or sept logo.

Spent so much time fixing the hardware of this switch, trace repairs, chip replacements and now I’m met with this and I can’t overcome it.

Appreciate any help received!

I need to downgrade my friend.

1 Like

hey there everyone i am in the same boat as OP i was wondering if someone could help me out please!

Hey there, I am in the same boat as you man. do you think i can contact you to ask you a few questions? thanks !

Yes you can contact me.

im sorry but how can i send you a message?

Use the private message option from the forum.

Think you could help me out?

Hi! Sorry for bringing this old post back to life but I have a similar problem with my switch. It won’t boot after the nintendo logo (not the switch logo, the very first nintendo logo). I can inject payloads. I have even tried to boot ams but same black screen after logo. After going through some troubleshooting I realized the device cannot mount the system file. I tried following the ChoiDujour approach but the entropy test at the very end fails. I don’t know if this is an issue but I’m missing ‘package1_key_00 =’ from the keys.txt (it won’t dump this key, maybe it’s because it fails to mount the emmc/system?). Another issue is the BOOT1.bin file generated by ChoiDujour. It shows as 524KB instead of 524.29KB. Any ideas how to revive my switch?

Hey did you get it fixed