PS Vita analogue issue - not stick drift

Hi, does anyone know what IC is responsible for managing the analogue sticks inputs?

I have a Vita I bought a couple years ago with “drift” on the right stick so I replaced it and still the same.
If I swap the left and right, still the same
If I disconnect it, the left one plays up
If I disconnect both it still drifts
It has had a bit of water damage that I cleared up around the rear facing camera but not fixed the issue
Neither camera works even though I have replaced them both with new

This is not the usual issue I find on the internet so haven’t touched it in a while as can’t find anything else with similar issue so thought I would post here and see if anyone else may have an idea where to start with it

All ideas welcome :slight_smile:

I reflowed the below 2 ic’s and cleaned up the camera connector again as that was where the liquid damage was and got both cameras working now but the drift is still there

• STMicroelectronics [3GA51H] gyroscope - PURPLE
  • Kionix [KXTC9] three-axis MEMS accelerometer - BLACK

PS Vita

Any ideas on where else to look for something that may be causing this issue?

Have you checked for damaged traces?

@Justen602 yes as much as I can. also tried replacing the button board and that didn’t work. Checked for shorts, checked as many caps as I could for diode readings to make sure there are connections etc. Removed all the metal covers and gave it a bath in IPA for about 20 minutes while brushing it and flipping it several times and still no change.

It is a really strange issue but one that stops me from being able to play any games that require the right thumbstick. It’s even weirder that without either stick connected I still get issues and without that one connected, the left one starts acting up.

Only thing I can think of is there is an issue with the IC that deals with the signals from the sticks or the components surrounding it but I don’t know which IC deals with the thumbstick inputs.

What is the resistance of the line for “up” on both analog sticks (in middle position) at the connector on the motherboard?

From the sounds of it i would replace the three-axis mems. It deals with the left-right, up-down, in-out motions. Might have good traces and good connection but the IC might be fried. I am not really having any luck finding them online, best bet would be buy a doner board.