PS Vita Slim pch-2001 dead, won't charge, no charge indicator lights, swapped battery, but still nothing

Hi. This is my first post, so hopefully I don’t inadvertently break any of the rules (like grammar). I have a ps vita that out of the blue stopped taking a charge and has been completely non-responsive. I did some research and what I’m hearing is that this issue isn’t uncommon and tends to be due to one or more of the following 3 reasons:

batter dead
charge port dead/damaged
IC chip damage

I looked for a repair service place and talked to one who said the only thing they could do is the battery swap but wanted $90 for it and I thought I could try to just do that myself if I got the battery.

Bought a used battery from Ebay and it arrived today. I swapped it with no problem, except that it didn’t fix the problem.

I’m still in the same situation. So not being an actual repair person, I’m looking for directions on things I as a basics only repair person (unscrewing and opening and changing batteries) could possibly try, though it seems that any next steps would require soldering, which I’m not trying to get into (I don’t have the equipment or training nor am I interested in changing that necessarily).

So I’m hoping for some help in the form of direction for anything else a basics only person like myself could try, or perhaps a referral to someone I can send it to knowing they can fix it 100% with certainty as long as they can get the needed parts at a reasonable cost.

Just having watched Steve’s video on youtube about repairing 9 different ps vita’s, my initial thought and hope was to just see if he’d be willing to take the job and see if he could fix it for me which I’d gladly pay for of course. And that of course would still by my ideal choice, but trying to contact him led me here. So I’m trying the forum route and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction(s) for net steps or a referral to Steve or some other repair tech/shop.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

There is one issue that you didn’t have on your list friend !
The charger itself may be bad or the wrong one all together ! So I would try a new charger before going to any more alternatives !

I agree, i read somewhere that if you have an aftermarket charger it might not work (the vita is very finiky). After that i would check with a multi meter, ifixit should have a post with what fuses you need to check. Also checking all the little pins to the charger to make sure they are still soldered. Then next step i would say steve. Good luck.