PS3 doesn't turn on

Hi,
This is my first comment on this forum, I just signed in.
If I’m making a mistake, I apologize in advance.

2 years ago my PS3 (CECH-2004A) stopped turning on. Today I remembered to test and see if it works. I still can’t turn it on.
When I click on the button it starts up, the green light appears but soon after the console turns off. I have a video but I can’t attach it here. The console was never opened and still bears the warranty seal.

I searched on the internet and in several places they say that it could be the PSU, HDD or thermal compound but I wanted to be sure (or at least exclude some possibilities) to know what to do with the console.

As I follow the TronicsFix Youtube channel I remembered to see in the videos if I could find a solution but I couldn’t. That’s why I’m writing here.

If anyone can help me, I would be very grateful.

Best regards

Filipe Reis

It won’t be the thermal compound, thats for sure. Its possible its the psu or a motherboard issue

Start by taking out the hdd as they can stop them from turning on if it still doesn’t work try the power supply if it’s neither of those then somethings gone on the motherboard

I have the same problem, I tried everything The PSU and The HDD it didn’t work, I bought this PS3 from Japan and I got scammed he tell me it was working but it is not, I think the problem here is the motherboard