Ps4 controller not turning on

Hello awesome people, I am in a strange scenario. I am trying to repair a ps4 controller, but I am currently out of options. Everything works fine with the controller until I disconnect it from the usb cable. Then the controller is just dead. I thought it would probably have to do with the ps button or the battery. I have tried different batteries that I know should work, but unfortunately still have the same issue. Also the ps button seem to work just fine when connection to the PS4 or a pc with the usb cable. I have tried the different reset options but nothing works. The only thing I could think of right now is that there could be a broken trace or something, bit so far I haven’t found the culprit yet. I tried to compare the motherboard of a working one versus the broken one, but have not yet found a difference when checking for continuity. Does anyone has a suggestion or perhaps encountered the same problem but was able to fix it :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Could be the power ic chip I think it controls the battery

Thanks for your reply, yes I think that is the only option left. Since I think I already checked all traces and they are fine. It’s the one right under the power plug if I am correct? I don’t think it’s worth my time replacing it with another one, but I will see. Maybe I will try just out or curiousity. I will let you know if it was indeed the culprit.

Hello.
Did you replace the chip?
Did the remote work well by replacing the chip?
Thanks

Hi, it has been over a year ago now that I tried it, I tried it once, but I think I misplaced the new chip making even more buttons not working properly anymore. I didn’t try it again as it was not worth the time doing so. Thus unfortunately in my case it didnt work out. It could have been the solution when placed correctly.

1 Like

Thanks for answering
I have a similar problem, I will replace the chip, and see if it works.
Thanks