PS4 is too hot. Turn off PS4 and wait for temperature to cool down

So whenever I go to play a game called rainbow six siege I get an error saying “PS4 is to hot, turn off PS4 and wait for temperature to cool down” and then just shuts off automatically. The problem is tho my console isn’t actually getting hot?? It’s cool to the touch, it’s blowing out cool air… I’ve recently just applied new thermal paste & cleaned the entire console etc. It’s literally spotless so I know that isn’t the problem. Funny thing is tho it only happens with a handful of my games, I know it’s not the games it self because I tried them in my brothers console & works fine. I really don’t know what the problem is any help would be appreciated :raised_hands:t4:

Check that the screws over the apu are screwed down properly if they aren’t tight enough you will get that message and it will shut down it’s safety measures to stop the system burning out also check to see if you plugged everything back in i’ve made the mistake of not plugging things back in when repairing things and i’m a techy always find out when I go to turn it on though it’s usually power

3 Likes

Bro thank you!!! I thought my ps was done for! they was super loose🤦🏽‍♂️ & it’s also got rid of the jet engine noise coming from the thing!

That’s good 9 times out of 10 it will be that it’s a really easy mistake to make glad it’s fixed mate

2 Likes

I second that!:pray:t4::raised_hands:t4: I also have another question now … as I was playing my other games (The ones that actually worked) while them screws were loose for a good few days would that off done any damage to my console?

No it was shutting down to prevent damage it’s a safety feature

okay that’s great then! Thanks mate I appreciate it :+1:t4:

2 Likes

No prob happy I could help

1 Like