My dad cleaned out my ps4 with I think a too powerful high pressure machine(compressor) and now it makes a weird noise, which goes quieter when my ps4 gets heat up but does anyone have tips or such for this problem?
- Disassembly the PS4 completely (aside from disc drive).
- Clean everything.
- Clean old paste from heat sink and APU.
- Spin the fan with your hand before reinstalling. It should spin freely with no vibration, clicking, skipping, ticking etc. If it does, get replacement.
- Apply thermal paste to APU (Do not use that arctic silver garbage). You need decent stuff, MX-4 is awesome.
- Rebuild system and ensure you put the APU clamp the proper way and tightened. Do not over-tighten, the clip should be securely flush with the metal below it.
See one of use locale competent repair techs located world wide.
Have paste, tools, experience and maybe fans on hand.
Its fairly cheap to get it done correct, fast and warrantied.
Thanks for info, greatly appreciated!!!
I’m first gonna clean the fan and see if there’s a problem, if that doesn’t fix it, I’ll do it to a repair shop. Because it goes away when the fan is on full blast
Well, didn’t even need to that, just put post its under it, silent asf now, probably will do a fan clean(no deep clean because I’m not that confident in such things, just did a harddrive a couple of years ago