PS4 Original CUH 1001A BLOD

i bought this ps4 thinking i could learn to fix it and invest a little into it…I’ve watched many videos on how to repair it, i tried the washer trick with steel washers???..not sure those work the same but it didn’t work. there’s no video that really get into detail with a multimeter and what to check for…btw im not the best with a multimeter and not sure if im looking for 0 ohms or what or where exactly i put the probes…I’ve taken it apart many times now and have noticed its missing the little wifi antenna??? oh and the way the BLOD works is that i turn it on and the blue light just blinks doesn’t turn off or anything just has no video…someone has also been inside the console before me. Anything i can check for?? or pictures i can upload to help understand what im working with?

usually that problem is caused by an APU (processor) bad connection with the board, as is a BGA chip it needs a reballing procedure, which only can be done with special equipment (it’s complicated and i think it’s expensive in the US)… conclusion: you should never buy a BLOD console to try to fix, thats what i think…

1 Like

so to reball the APU can i remove the chip with a heat gun? what type of tape do i need to cover the rest of the board? or would it work better with a rework Station that lets you control the heat? I’ve also watched many reball videos…if i was to attempt a reball do you know what exactly i need like…type of flux? or cleaner? what kind of soilder? and what tip for the soilder gun? and i see people using some type of copper strip that they rub on it? and can i reball the chip with a stencil and little soilder balls with a heat gun? and to set the chip back in place can i just use the rework/hear gun to put it back? Sorry for all the questions and yes you shouldn’t ever invest in a BLOD lol…

I haven’t done a reball yet… it’s on the list of my upcoming projects… but you can watch andrew paul video on youtube… and there are many more explaining the whole process…