PS4 Original CUH 1001A BLOD

i bought this ps4 thinking i could learn to fix it and invest a little into it…I’ve watched many videos on how to repair it, i tried the washer trick with steel washers???..not sure those work the same but it didn’t work. there’s no video that really get into detail with a multimeter and what to check for…btw im not the best with a multimeter and not sure if im looking for 0 ohms or what or where exactly i put the probes…I’ve taken it apart many times now and have noticed its missing the little wifi antenna??? oh and the way the BLOD works is that i turn it on and the blue light just blinks doesn’t turn off or anything just has no video…someone has also been inside the console before me. Anything i can check for?? or pictures i can upload to help understand what im working with?

usually that problem is caused by an APU (processor) bad connection with the board, as is a BGA chip it needs a reballing procedure, which only can be done with special equipment (it’s complicated and i think it’s expensive in the US)… conclusion: you should never buy a BLOD console to try to fix, thats what i think…

1 Like

so to reball the APU can i remove the chip with a heat gun? what type of tape do i need to cover the rest of the board? or would it work better with a rework Station that lets you control the heat? I’ve also watched many reball videos…if i was to attempt a reball do you know what exactly i need like…type of flux? or cleaner? what kind of soilder? and what tip for the soilder gun? and i see people using some type of copper strip that they rub on it? and can i reball the chip with a stencil and little soilder balls with a heat gun? and to set the chip back in place can i just use the rework/hear gun to put it back? Sorry for all the questions and yes you shouldn’t ever invest in a BLOD lol…

I haven’t done a reball yet… it’s on the list of my upcoming projects… but you can watch andrew paul video on youtube… and there are many more explaining the whole process…

Hello,i have also encountered blod in my ps4 but i have tried getting everthing from reballing the APU and also replacing south gate chip i don’t know what that is but still the problem remains and the repairer has given up on it any suggestions would be helpful the blue light despite all the repairs done on it keeps blinking infinitely until the console is turned off plz any suggestions would be helpful