PS4 Original Disc fault. Plays dvd but not Blu-ray

Hi, my PS4 stopped reading game discs. It can read DVD no problem. When I put game disc in it sounds like an old floppy Drive then tries again but then says unrecognised disc. Tried wiping PS4 also nearly everything in safe mode. Still no joy, fitted new lazer and ribbon that goes behind PSU. Any ideas totally out of ideas.

Usually this is just a laser issue. You may have gotten a faulty laser.

If it can read DVD does that not prove it functions.

I have swapped with new drive. Moved daughter board on to new. Still making funny noise. I tried old drive in an other PS4 and works perfectly. Plays dvd but not Blu-ray. Any ideas?
Regards,
Fintan.

It’s making funny noises or it’s not reading Blu Ray discs or both?

Hi,
It makes a clunking sound. It will read dvd movie disc’s but put a Blu-ray or game disc, it tries to read disc twice then I get unrecognised disc on PS4. It does make the clunking noise when I put dvd in for a few seconds then disc spins up and reads disc. On my other PS4 it spins up the disc straight away but this one just makes the clunking noise then spins the disc and then makes a noise like it is about to eject but then it makes the clunking noise and spins up but stops and put message upon PS4.
Regards,
Fintan.

Well, if you tried the old drive in another PS4 and it worked then that rules out the drive itself. I’d say it’s most likely a problem with the large chip on the daughterboard. There’s really no way for me to know for sure but that’s what I think may be causing it.

Ok thanks. It’s just funny now it reads dvds but not Blu-ray. Thank you for your time. Love the breakdown videos. You should sell on eu amazon as well. I live in Ireland and would buy from you after you review the products.
Regards,
Fintan.

Hello, My PlayStation has a issue where you put a disc in then it says “unregonized disk” when it’s clean and not scratched it used to play disc but doesint anymore.