PS4 Power Supply Is stuck

Hey Team,

I purchased a used ps4 a few months back and it is doing great. I did open it once to clean the dust inside.

Just a week ago I wanted to clean it again and the power supply is totally stuck. I have tried everything to get it out but it is stuck on the side where the power supply cable is.

I am sorry I do not have any pics but I assure you it is totally stuck. And yes I have removed all screws and the cable as well.

Please help me out here.

You have to pull up kind of hard, there are 2 metal prongs that go into the psu. Just unplug the cable so you don’t rip it out by accident

Hey there thanks for the reply.

I have tried doing that but it does not seem to budge.

Is there any other way to do it as I am afraid to damage anything else.

Will a suction cup work?

You shouldn’t have to use a suction cup. I remember the first time I disassembled my ps4 it took a lot of force to take out. If it helps you can try wiggling it a bit while pulling up to try and get it out.

I have tried all of what you have mentioned.

I did it once before it was easy but now its just not budging at all.

It’s a bit weird that it won’t come out after it’s already been disassembled, maybe you could try using a large pry tool or flathead screwdriver to try and get it out?

I just had this problem on my brother in law’s unit. There are two prongs going into the power supply. It looks like they are meant to go into two separate sockets, but he had managed to bend one so they were both going into the same port. It was super difficult to get the power supply out to see the problem.