PS4 Slim CUH-2015B No Power To Disc Drive

I have a CUH-2014B PS4 Slim. It is the FFXV one. The optical drive is not getting power at all. Everything looks good on the inside, and have tried new ribbon cables. It does not grab a disc, allow system to update, and won’t power on at all. I am stumped at what it could be. I am trying to go through every solution before I would need to change a chip. I did swap the drive with one I know works, but it still is getting no power. I did buy this from someone to refurbish and sell and I am trying to keep parts as organic as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It’s most likely got burned out fuses (This is a very common problem). Test fuses F6202 and F6201 for continuity…if there is none then they are burned out and will need to be replaced.

F6202 looks to be the culprit. Any tips on how to replace this? I can do chips, but haven’t even attempted to do a very small fuse like this. I want to replace it correctly and not just bridge it as I do take pride in my refurbing work.

Glad you found the culprit! The best and fastest way to do it is to use a hot air station and take a fuse off of a donor board and solder it on. If you don’t have hot air you can always use an iron and some desoldering braid to remove the fuse from the donor board.
I don’t know what those fuses are rated so not sure where else to get them.

I have a hot air, but no donor boards. At least not ones I want to pull a part. I’m going to do some research on it. Maybe find a fuse somewhere. Just would like to get the FFXV one sold.