PS4 won’t start (1116A)

Hi there guys.

I know there are a lot of topics like this, but I’ve been reading a lot of them and didn’t find any with the exact same description of my problem.

What happens is, when I turn the PS4 on, it shows a blue light slowly blinking for a few seconds displaying the PS logo on screen (not always displays it), then it turns off and back on again (like a restart). This last time when it turns on, the blue light appears slowly blinking again, but this time it turns steady white and the display shows a message saying it is “checking the system storage status” and it never goes till the end (100%). After that the following message appears on screen:

“Cannot start the PS4.

Connect the DualShock using the USB cable, and then press the PS button.”

I do that and it asks me to reinstall the OS again.

The thing is, it happens very often in the last months and before that I never had any issue with the console. When it happened the first time, I just went to safe mode and reinstalled the OS (not the update option) and it was ok for a couple weeks, but now it’s happening more frequently and I don’t want to have to reinstall everything again every time I want to play a game. I’ve seen some people saying that it’s an HDD issue, but I’ve also seen some people saying that they replaced the HDD and the problem happened again a few months later.
Oh and I forgot to tell. The PS4 has been lagging a lot and taking too much time loading even the main screen, when entering settings menu etc.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello, I’m having the exact same issue for three weeks now. Hopefully we can get some guidance

1 Like

Let’s hope so. I’m stuck here for almost 2 months. Have been playing just once a week, because almost every time I got to reinstall all over again so I can play a few hours.

Absolutly your hard drive is faulty, you have to replace it…!

1 Like

It has been working well for the past few days since the last reinstall of the OS. Let’s wait to see if it goes down again and then I’ll replace the HDD. I’ll give feedback if that happens. Sometimes this things doesn’t have a logical explanation :confounded:

1 Like