Ps5 disc drive replaced, still broke need advice

Hello,

My 6 year old managed to break a disc in half while feeding it into the ps5. Removed it and it still wouldn’t work.

Took the drive apart to find the middle blue plastic center piece from a case in there… removed it hoping I got lucky. Put it back together and it wont read a disc.

Ordered a replacement drive off amazon… swapped out the board to the original. Still not reading discs. Tried to clear cache and rebuild database… no luck.

Outside of me physically damaging something else when I took it apart or reassembled it, I don’t know what else could have got damaged now that its a new complete drive. I was careful w/ the ribbon cables, everything is in place and inserted fully/correctly from what I can tell.

It SOUNDS like it should be reading but it just doesn’t.

Any suggesttions? I know theres a few different drives, even though mine matched up w/ the size of the pins/cables, could I have still got an incompatible drive? I did have trouble finding the right one, so I ordered 2 and saw that 1 had the wrong size small white 2 wire connector, so I figured the other had to be it then.

Any help would be appreciated!