Repaired joysticks now no audio from headphone jack on PS4 Slim DS4 Controller

I watched a TronicsFix YouTube video about fixing DS4 controllers. I successfully replaced the joysticks with OEM replacements. Now my headphone jack does not output audio. The DualShock4 internal speaker still works. I am lost on why the headphone jack does not work. I could not find any schematics for the controller. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Well first thing I would do is make sure nothing has slipped out because if something has there’s your issue if not it could be that part is faulty

Thanks for the reply:-) I have not found anything out of place. The replaced joysticks work great! I must have broken something when I soldered in the new control sticks. I just don’t know. I wish I could find schematics for the DS4 controller. Best wishes.

Did you figure out what happened I have same problem and all I can find on Google is instructions on resetting controller , make sure settings are correct, and make sure cable is plugged in all the way

1 Like

Never got the controller to work. Headphone jack fits tight, clicks. Tried tracing the circuit to no avail. A schematic of the DSC would really help, but I have not found one. I set the DSC aside, and I guess I will use it for parts.

I appreciate the reply. A little slow getting back to you, because I don’t visit forum frequently.

Never did get audio back via headset. I couldn’t find a schematic, so I set the controller aside.

Mate I discovered this on my dual shock 4 hope it helps it could be either causing your issue but likely the control ic chip

Thanks for the info. I will have to look more closely at those chips.

Best wishes, Bubba

1 Like