Resistance to ground at mosfets

I have a XSX with a shorted main powerrails.
I first detected a blown powerstage ic MP86965. After replacement the short psu side was gone, but have still shorts at the v testpoints.
Does someone have resistance to ground readings at the orange points?

I have xsx came in No beep no led with 12v main power rail short. And after 1.5v 5A voltage inject w/ thermal cam found out 1st of the MP86965 shorted. Replaced it and it beeps and LED on yet no blinking also Fan spins and stops after 30sec( WHITE light stays though).
Here is my inductor resistance to ground measured after MP86965 replaced. But APU may fail IMO.

If I remember right, the ohms readings are similar to mine. The middle ones were very low and hard to differ to a short. The outers were in the same range aprox. 16 ohms. Seems to be normal.

After replacing the MP86965, the XBox started normal till the new problem with an update loop due to the blue ray disc drive.

Did you check the filters and the HDMI ic?

I did, reading looks good, I would probably try put on another batch MP86965 to confirm I didn’t overcooked new mosfet by accident :sweat_smile:

Anyone has both side R15(far ssd & closer to SSD) inductor resistance from a working board?. I got another 12v short (M86965 mosfet bad) XSX came in but all inductors resistance reading lower than 1 ohm

NVM. I measured resistance to ground on a working PS5 apu inductors and having more or less 0.25 ohm to ground. Since PS5 and XSX share same AMD ZEN2 Platform, the reading should be close

1 Like