Shorts on 3.3v bus? I need your help

HOS means ‘‘Operating System’’?

Oh! Switch have started up with an error code 2153-0321 before current condition.

I have found poor soldering at M92 chip using microscope and then I reinstalled M92 chip. After that the start up condition changed to current condition.( black out after first logo.)

If the condition is changed after M92 chip reinstall, You mean, Does M92 have malfunction likely?

yeah, Horizon OS

Try remove the M92 IC, make sure all pads one the board are clean and there are no bridges. If the console boots with an error code (powered by battery only), then you can safely say it was either bad soldering on the M92 IC or that the M92 IC was defective.

Hello.
I replaced M92 IC and then the Switch boots normally!

But,after 10 sec, strange noise was heard from Switch like a soda then turned off automatically.

I confirmed that I could not charge the Switch. I connected charger with tester, tester showed no voltage and current. charger is normal because other switch can be charged.

I measured voltage using multi tester while connected charger, but no voltage at all points.

Probably, the usb charger did not turned on.

I don’t know how to turn on the charger voltage. Do you know the circuit for turn on voltage from the usb charger?

Sounds like you have a short somewhere, this is why I wanted to confirm if the Switch booted normally from battery alone without the M92 IC populated on the board.

So either it’s a short created by poor soldering on the replacement M92 IC or you have a short elsewhere.

I would probably start by checking your SYS rail to ground, which can be found at the large inductor near BQ IC.

I would refrain from plugging in battery or USB until the fault is resolved.

I checked short circuit but no short at all points.

I don’t know how to check inductor.

There are two pads on inductor.

I confirmed both pads had no grounds.

not evrything is a short to ground, for example if two pins/pads of the M92 IC I/O are bridged together you will certainly not see it in continuity to ground etc

Put your meter in resistance and put black probe on ground and red probe on one of the large inductors pads and lemme know the reading :slight_smile:

I confirmed there is no bridge around M92 using micro scope.

I measured inductor resistance upper pad to ground and lower pad to ground.

Both values are same value. First value is 6M ohms when touch the probe, and then value going to decrease. After 30 sec, the value getting about 2M ohms.

I don’t know why the value going to decrease.

This is normal, your SYS rail is not the issue it seems.

If you flip the board over you’ll see a Max IC which is the main PMIC surrounded by inductors, can you take resistance to ground on each of the inductors and let me know your results.

So red is your 1V8PDR, typically you’d expect readings of approx 10K, the resistance is made up from ram and the M92 IC, despite the fact other ICs reside on this rail the M92 and Ram on a working board are the only things that would normally have an impact on the resistance to ground (provided no other faults)

As such, I believe your have poor soldering on the M92 IC.

As I said earlier, I’d remove the M92 IC and power the board from battery only and ensure the console boots normally (even with an error code) then we’ll go from there.

Severence san

Long time no see. Thankyou so much.

After May 2, I tried to reinstall M92, and replaced M92. But console was still no start up.

I tried to reinstall the IC which was removed by my self. After ALC5639 installed, my console started up normally.

Heya man,

Interesting, I can count on one finger the number of times this IC has caused problems :slight_smile:

Really glad you got it sorted :+1: