Spilled clean water on my switch

Hi guys, I recently spilled a glass of water, absolutely clean water by the way, on my switch. I quickly grabbed it and smacked out as much water as I could out of the fan opening and the power/volume rocker areas since that seemed to be where most of it ended up. Then once I was done with that stuffed it in a ziploc bag with several silica gel packets for a few days. I just came back to it and the console does turn on and does charge but the screen won’t turn on. It does respond to touch however so I think the digitizer is fine. Is there anything I should look at first to diagnose the problem area? By the way hdmi does work when plugged in and I personally have the feeling i may have dislodged the screen’s ribbon cable when I was knocking it a bit but I haven’t opened it up yet so I don’t know how easy it is to dislodge it.

Any advice?

Thank you!

Sounds like you’re probably on the right track. You’ll probably want to take the ribbon cable out and make sure there is no corrosion on it. I’d probably also just remove the motherboard and scrub it with a brush and IPA…that’ll remove any traces of corrosion or liquid.

If you’ve got another screen check with that because the screen possibly could have gone bad