Strange problem with a Nintendo switch

Hello,
For the moment i didnt find time for working on it. I’m in vacation.
I hope to work on it at the end of August.
I will give news, no problem!
have a good day!

Hello everybody,
I found a little time to work on the switch.
So i try to change the M92 IC but no luck.
The switch just charge on on one side in 15V and with 5V i have 0A at one side and a intensity on the other side of the USB.
So i try to remove the M92 IC and plug a battery to see if the switch would be able to start without the IC and display an error message but i dont have any reaction of the switch.
So this switch drives me crazy.
The P13,Max ad BQ IC seems to not have any short.
Any idea where to eventually search to solve my problem please?

only one side charging= port or m92t
5v charger not working= ESD filter or choke filter.
Without further detail measuring like all pin diode reading from type-c breakout board, you are mostly blind chasing/replacing ICs

Hello,
Thanks for your answer.
which is strange is that normaly the switch may be run with an error message without the M92 and it is not the case.
Do you think that the more simple in a first time (if i can say that :grin:) is to test the USB port with a breakout board? With that i will know if my USB port is ok?
Or i dont undestand your sentence with type-c breakout board and it is an other thing?
Have a good day!

Yes, provide measurement values help other people understand the status of your switch

Ok. Do you have eventually a model of breakout board to shop please?

Something like this should work, make sure you have at least male port,female port optional

Hello,
Ok thanks a lot.
I will buy it and test the USB port after that.
My only point of doubt is in the fact that the switch doesn’t power on without the M92 with the battery plug…

Hello,
I received the breakout board and did measures on it and it is not famous.
In continuity mode i have continuity with Vconn, Vbus,D+,D- and the other points didint have continuity (CC,TX1,TX2,RX1,RX2,SBU1,SBU2).
So i didnt know what to think…
I have a big problem but i didnt find which component make this.
If you have ideas you are welcome :grin:

Most likely you have bad soldering on the port then.

Hello,
Ok thanks.
I will test a port swap and will tell you the result.

After a second continuity test i realized that i didnt test the good points on the berakout board.
Now i understand how tu use it and all points have continuity so i am sure of the soldering of the USB port.
My problem is absolutely not solved but i am sure for this point. :blush:
Could i make other tests with the multimeter to try to find my problem?
I wonder if i am not going to try a P13USB swap because now i dont really know how to do on this switch…

post your diode measure reading on each breakout board

Hello,
Sorry for the late reply.
I am a little busy right now so I will make that when i will have a bit more time.
Have a good day!