Switch charges at 5V 0 Amps no display

Ive checked that it makes perfect contact and that shouldnt be the reason it doesnt turn on right?

Not sure and I donā€™t want to give you bad advice on the basis of sheer memory, but I would try to rework m92 just in case the solder has bridged some stuff down there. Iā€™ve had to rework it a few times before I got mine right, wait until the solder in the middle square becomes liquid

I will definetly try that but if theres not enough volt on the input line it most likely isnt the chip itself or am I wrong? (Im not that experienced sorry)

Iā€™m sorry I understood there were 5v input even on the old m92?

Yeah, I totally forgot the input worked before I replaced it. Well it isnt 5V anymore

Sounds like a faulty chip or a suboptimal soldering job (done both multiple timesā€¦) Can you edit in a picture where and that measurements are you taking?

Yes give me a minute

Here is a M92-like chip datasheet from the same company, it should be useful if you want to dig dip into pin specific measurements (donā€™t ask me to interpret it though as itā€™s well beyond my knowledge :slight_smile: )
https ://d1d2qsbl8m0m72. cloudfront.n et/en/products/databook/datasheet/ic/interface/usb_pd/bm92a30mwv-e.pdf

ht tps :// imgur. com /a / x8gJuH7

Can you measure voltage on pins 4 and 6 on the north side of this picture (with charger on)? I will also highlight some sketchy joints I am seeing. Iā€™m sure most of these are just flux reflexes but double check them all (some definitely do look like thereā€™s too much solder and/or they need to be readjusted)

Pin 4 is .43 like on the cap and pin 6 is .4 I also saw that reflection on the photo between those 2 pins but its only a reflection. On the row of 3 caps on the bottom side theres no connection (measured) but the top has a connection (But I dont know wether that is normal). The two really small caps to the bottom right make contact with their dedicated pads.

Try to clean that solder thing on pin 6, I updated the picture with a reference on how a m92 should look like

Iā€™ll start cleaning it right away. I will get back to you when im finished

I cleaned it up. Still no signs of life (wouldā€™ve been really great :D) I dont think this switch is really fixable. Do you have any more ideas?

Pin 4 and 6 north side should be the input from the usb C port CC1 and CC2 that enable fast charging. I donā€™t recall what voltages theyā€™re supposed to be. You should look in that direction (gbatemp forum, google and the datasheet I gave you should help you find the answer). If those voltages are high enough and youā€™ve cleaned every joint, then Iā€™d rework m92 completely. If the voltages are too low (again I donā€™t remember how much they should be) maybe it depends on PI3, not sure though.

If I find that info Iā€™ll reply to this post, right now Iā€™m deep into work and I canā€™t find it immediately, sorry about that.

Donā€™t worry. But maybe you know this one on the fly: Iā€™ve read that the switch boots up into handheld mode even without p13. Ive removed that and tried turning it on but it still didnā€™t work. So Iā€™ll rule out this chip

Iā€™ve heard about that rumor too, but if you have no reason to believe your PI3 is faulty I would keep it on since it could influence the voltages reading compared to ā€œhealthyā€ levels and you wouldnā€™t know it.